INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The Washington and Lee women's swimming team continued competition at the second day of the NCAA Division III Swimming & Diving Championships held at the IU Natatorium on the campus of Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis on Thursday evening.
Highlights From the Meet:
- Sophomore Ali MacQueen (Memphis, Tenn. / St. Mary's Episcopal School) claimed Honorable Mention All-America accolades for the second time in her career after finishing 12th in the 100-yard fly with a time of 55.67.
- The quartet of MacQueen, senior Cassidy Fuller (Moraga, Calif. / Campolindo), junior Elle Chancey (Tampa, Fla. / Berkeley Preparatory School) and sophomore Tori Hester (Cary, N.C. / Saint Mary's School) earned Honorable Mention All-America honors in the 200-yard free relay after placing 16th in the finals with a time of 1:36.22.
- Sophomore Emily Hageboeck (Charleston, W. Va. / George Washington) set a new school record during the prelims of the 400-yard IM with a time of 4:29.18. Hageboeck broke her previous record of 4:31.00, which she set in the event last year.
- The squad of Chancey, MacQueen, Hageboeck and sophomore Ashley Johnston (Gainesville, Ga. / North Hall) placed 20th in the 400-yard medley relay (3:51.23) during the prelims this morning.
- W&L is currently in 26th out of 41 teams with nine points. Emory is first with 318 points, while Williams is in second with 254 markers.
- Ali MacQueen (12th) – 100-yard Fly (55.67)
- MacQueen, Fuller, Chancey, Hester (16th) – 200-yard Free Relay (1:36.22)
- Emily Hageboeck (17th) – 400-yard IM (4:29.18)
- Chancey, MacQueen, Hageboeck, Johnston (20th) – 400-yard Medley Relay (3:51.23)
The Generals return to the pool on Friday for the third day of competition. Hageboeck will swim in the 100-yard breast, while Fuller and Chancey will be joined by sophomores Kelly Amar (Mount Vernon, N.Y. / The Ursuline School) and Caroline Florence (Dallas, Texas / Ursuline Academy) on the 800-yard free relay. Prelims are set to begin at 10:00 am.
-- www.generalssports.com --