GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Washington and Lee women's swimming team posted two NCAA "B" cut times on day one of the ODAC Championship on Friday at the Greensboro Aquatics Center.
Highlights From the Meet:
- The Generals are first out of 12 teams with 337 points. Randolph-Macon is in second-place with 172 points and Emory & Henry rounds out the Top 3 with 105 markers.
- The squad of sophomores Ashley Johnston (Gainesville, Ga. / North Hall), Emily Hageboeck (Charleston, W. Va. / George Washington), and Ali MacQueen (Memphis, Tenn. / St. Mary's Episcopal School) and junior Elle Chancey (Tampa, Fla. / Berkeley Preparatory School) took first in the 400 medley relay in a time of 3:48.18, which set a new meet record and was an NCAA "B" cut time.
- Senior Cassidy Fuller (Moraga, Calif. / Campolindo) and sophomore Tori Hester (Cary, N.C. / Saint Mary's School) joined MacQueen and Chancey on the 200 free relay that took first with a time of 1:34.88, which was an NCAA "B" cut time.
Top Three Finishes:
- MacQueen, Fuller, Hester, Chancey (1st) – 200-yard Free Relay (1:34.88)
- Mattie Grant (1st) – 500-yard Free (5:04.91)
- Jordan Watson (2nd) – 500-yard Free (5:09.85)
- Emily Hageboeck (1st) – 200-yard IM (2:06.93)
- Kelly Amar (2nd) – 200-yard IM (2:08.66)
- Taylor Ecleberry (3rd) – 200-yard IM (2:10.60)
- Elle Chancey (1st) – 50-yard Free (23.87)
- Ali MacQueen (2nd) – 50-yard Free (23.92)
- Johnston, Hageboeck, MacQueen, Chancey (1st) – 400-yard Medley Relay (3:48.18)
The Generals return to action for day two of the ODAC Championship on Saturday morning. Preliminary rounds are set to begin at 10:00 am.
-- www.generalssports.com --