LANCASTER, Pa. – The Washington and Lee women's swimming team completed competition at the Franklin & Marshall Invitational on Sunday evening. W&L finished in second-place out of 13 teams with 1301 points. Delaware took the top spot with 1887 points.
Highlights From the Meet
- The Generals earned 12 Top 10 finishes in the final day of the three-day competition.
- Sophomore Emily Hageboeck (Charleston, W. Va. / George Washington) led the way for the Blue and White with a first-place finish in the 100-yard breast with a time of 1:05.12.
- Junior Elle Chancey (Tampa, Fla. / Berkeley Preparatory School) took third in the 100-yard free in a time of 52.37. She was also part of the 400-yard free relay squad that placed second with a time of 3:30.97. Chancey was joined by senior Cassidy Fuller (Moraga, Calif. / Campolindo), and sophomores Ali MacQueen (Memphis, Tenn. / St. Mary's Episcopal School) and Kelly Amar (Mount Vernon, N.Y. / The Ursuline School).
Top 10 Finishes
- Emily Hageboeck (1st) – 100-yard Breast (1:05.12)
- Elle Chancey (3rd) – 100-yard Free (52.37)
- Katherine Degner (4th) – 200-yard Fly (2:08.44)
- Mattie Grant (5th) – 500-yard Free (5:11.33)
- Kelly Amar (5th) – 200-yard Fly (2:08.82)
- Rebekah Irwin (6th) – 100-yard Breast (1:07.20)
- Kelly Amar (8th) – 200-yard IM (2:12.93)
- Bridget Bartley (8th) – 200-yard Back (2:12.68)
- Jordan Watson (9th) – 500-yard Free (5:12.42)
- Tori Hester (10th) – 200-yard Back (2:11.60)
- Hannah Freibert (10th) – 100-yard Breast (1:08.74)
- MacQueen, Fuller, Amar, Chancey (2nd) – 400-yard Free Relay (3:30.97)
Washington and Lee returns to the pool on December 2-3, when it hosts the W&L Invitational. Action is set to begin at 4:00 pm.
-- www.generalssports.com --