LEXINGTON, Va. — Sophomore Donovan Fiore (Gilbert, Ariz./Chandler Prep Academy) tied the school record in the indoor 200m on Saturday to lead the Washington and Lee men's track and field team at the VMI Winter Relays on Saturday.
Highlights From the Meet
- Fiore finished 10th in the race with a time of 22.31. It tied the record of Zander Tallman '14, which was set on February 11, 2012.
- Sophomore Shep Sims (Charleston, W.Va./Woodberry Forest School) took fourth in the pole vault with a new career-best mark of 4.50m (14'9.00").
- Junior Cooper Baird (Fort Worth, Texas/Fort Worth Country Day) placed seventh in the 800m with a new indoor personal-best time of 1:57.22.
- The 4x400m relay took sixth in 3:24.65. The quartet consisted of junior Carter Huffman (Sophia, N.C./South Western Randolph), first-years Micah Wilson (Lincoln, Neb./Lincoln East) and Alexander Caines (Hanover Park, Ill./Lake Park) and Fiore.
- The Distance Medley Relay claimed fourth in 10:57.44. The foursome consisted of Baird, junior Albert Del Cristo (Clarksburg, N.J./Notre Dame), first-year Danner Butler (Mobile, Ala./UMS-Wright) and junior Joe Carmody (Clive, Iowa/Dowling Catholic).
Sophomore Donovan Fiore 200m (22.31) - Ties Record of Zander Tallman '14
Top 15 Finishes
Sophomore Shep Sims (4th) – Pole Vault (4.50m [14'9.00"])
DMR (4th) – Baird, Del Cristo, Butler, Carmody (10:57.44)
4x400m (6th) – Huffman, Wilson, Caines, Fiore (3:24.65)
Junior Cooper Baird (7th) – 800m (1:57.22)
Sophomore Donovan Fiore (10th) – 200m (22.31)
Sophomore Jay Roberts (11th) – Shot Put (13.87m [45'6.25"])
Junior Hank Patrick (12th) – 3,000m (9:00.27)
Junior Alex Dolwick (12th) – Mile (4:31.46)
First-year Ellis Robinson (15th) – Long Jump (6.13m [20'1.50"])
New Personal Bests
Junior Cooper Baird – 800m (1:57.22 – Indoor PR)
First-year Danner Butler – 800m (2:04.27)
First-year Alexander Caines – 400m (52.55)
Junior Alex Dolwick - Mile (4:31.46)
Sophomore Donovan Fiore – 200m (22.31)
First-year Miles Oliver – 800m (2:03.51)
Junior Hank Patrick – 3,000m (9:00.27)
First-year Ellis Robinson – High Jump (1.80m [5'10.75"])
Sophomore Shep Sims - Pole Vault (4.50m [14'9.00"])
The Generals return to action next Friday and Saturday at the UCS Invitational at the JDL Fast Track.
-- www.generalssports.com --