Outdoor Tennis Courts






About the Courts

Washington and Lee's men's and women's tennis teams play a majority of their matches on the outdoor courts that consist 14 courts in all.

The upper courts, considered the home of the men's tennis program, consists of eight courts, a gallery area and a tennis pavillion which serves as a gathering area for tournament officials and fans alike.  The courts are located directly behind Wilson Field.

The lower courts, which were renovated and renamed the William Washburn Tennis Courts after the University's first women's tennis coach, consists of six courts and a storage building that includes restroom facilities.  The lower courts are located directly behind the East endzone of Wilson Field and beneath the University footbridge, which was constructed in 1924.

W&L's outdoor tennis courts have played host to numerous conference and national tournaments, including the 1985, 1988 and 1997 NCAA Division III Men's Tennis Championships and the 1998 NCAA Division III Women's Tennis Championship.